dee weddings, a wedding planning company
... Getting married is a big deal for a lot of us!
We want our wedding day to be perfect, our guests to have a great time, and most importantly, we want to enjoy our own wedding.
But planning a wedding, no matter how big or small, can get overwhelming. If you’ve ever planned an event before—a birthday, get-together, a surprise—you probably already know what it takes to get things done. And get things done right.
With the amount of details that go into a wedding and the number of choices to choose from, there's a tendency to feel stressed and confused.
This is where a professional and knowledgeable wedding planner comes useful—someone who can keep it simple, work in your best interest, ask the right questions and help you make the right decisions.
Now it’s a common notion that there's no need for a wedding planner when you can delegate it to family and friends. For many, this might work but if you feel planning or delegating won't come naturally to you, then you may want to reconsider and look into getting one.
hi! i'm deepti—founder & lead planner
... I’m a New York based wedding planner and I plan weddings for couples from diverse cultures, and across New York, Dubai and Mumbai. I've been doing this since 2011—and absolutely love it.
It's extremely rewarding to see couples enjoy their own wedding and get compliments from family and friends—and the fact that I've had a pivotal role to play, keeps me going. I'm also an LGBTQ ally and I strongly support marriage equality.
My story is a little typical. It started with a random "hey deeps, you're good at this, consider taking it up professionally." So from not knowing what a table runner is or what table centerpieces are—to planning events for luxury brands and royal families of Dubai—to now over six years of international experience in weddings, it has been an incredible journey.
Over these years, I've handled over 80 weddings ranging from intimate settings of 20 guests to five-days, back-to-back celebrations of 500. After all these years, I believe there’s a method to a wedding’s madness!
I assist couples at three stages of planning. Some from beginning till end (full wedding planning,) some midway (partial planning) and some who've planned everything and only need help on the day-of (day-of coordination.) I understand every couple has different set of requirements, and I stay as flexible as I can to accommodate you.
When asked to review, my clients say the two things that stand out the most for them is my exuberance and the innate knack for organizing events.
I also understand that with hectic jobs and other commitments, planning can get stressful and sometimes get the better of couples—which is why they appreciate that I am able to 1) avoid run-of-the-mill ideas and help suggest different ways to reflect their vision and taste, 2) recommend and get on board talented, trusted and like-minded vendors from the wedding community and 3) stay positive at all times. After all, vibes rub off on others and the world could do with more happiness!
- I wanted to be a crime reporter growing up.
- I have an unexplainable fascination towards lights, chandeliers and eye glasses.
- Favorite place in the world: my grandma's lap.
- Bustling with ideas. Call me at 3am (no don't) and I'll have something ready for you.
- I cannot spell receive without autocorrect. Simply cannot.
- I love (and know) swimming, but am terrified of the deep.
- Favorite Quote: "If people aren't laughing at your goals, your goals are too small"—Azim Premji
- Yes, I planned my wedding.
the rockstar team behind the scenes
hi! i'm amaira
- I'm told I have an infectious laugh. If we work together, you'll see it.
- I can't straighten one of my thumbs.
- I think desserts should be a required food group.
- I love cats! I have five cats in my backyard that go on adventures together everyday. P.S. None of them are mine.
- I've worked for a Senator of the United States before.
- I never learned how to ride a bicycle and I can't swim. And I live on an island.
- I got married in 2016 and planned a massive and detailed wedding in five months. That's how I met Deepti!
- I wanted to join the FBI growing up.
hi! i'm aneesha
- The smell of tea makes me nauseous, hence never tasted it.
- I prefer keeping things asymmetrical.
- I’m rubbish at anything sporty. If you see me run, you should too!
- I would like to go to Iceland anytime soon now.
- My idea of a pet is a goldfish.
- I love to sing but I’m too shy to karaoke.
- I Love cooking but I’m the only one that finds it tasty.
- My first wedding as an intern was a Bollywood wedding for celebrities Ritesh and Genelia, with up to 3000 guests.
hey! i'm nicoline
- I can only eat even numbers of candy at a time.
- I talk to myself pretty much 24/7.
- I was supposed to be a leap year baby but my mom let me cook for an extra 10 hours.
- It's a huge pet peeve of mine to not finish movies and books, even if they're not that good.
- I've been known to (with permission!) sleep at venues when a night's work becomes uncomfortably close to being considered an early start to the next day.
- I swallowed a dime when I was a kid and my panicked mother brought me to the ER. Doc told my mom to let it pass and told me to keep an eye out for a nickel and 5 pennies.
- I get an insatiable urge to travel every 6 months.
- If I had to eat only sushi for the rest of my life I'd be golden.
Full wedding planning
(takes 6-12 months)
This is when you need help in planning almost your entire wedding on your behalf, often from beginning till end.
This includes day-of coordination.
Partial wedding planning
(takes 3-6 months)
This is when you've planned most of your wedding and need help with the rest.
This can include day-of coordination if required.
(takes 4-12 weeks)
This is when you've arranged everything yourselves and require assistance only on the day-of to ensure everything runs smoothly and as planned.
Here we review all details, tie up any loose ends and I will manage your big day on your behalf.
DESTINATION WEDDING planning
(takes 6-12 months)
I plan weddings across USA, India & UAE with my teams that are based locally.
Note: Depending on your requirements, each package can be tweaked. To learn more, shoot me an email at email@example.com
Here's a quick list of things that we can help you with—Vendors, Contracts, Budget, Decor, Flowers, Wedding Theme & Design, Hair & Make up, Photo & Video, AV & Sound, Live Entertainment, Booking artists, Wedding Cake, Floor plan, Day-of timeline, To-do list, Wedding etiquettes, Wedding rehearsal.
Note: This list is non-exhaustive and will be customized after discussing your requirements.