dee weddings—a wedding planning company
... Getting married is a big deal for a lot of us!
We want our wedding day to be perfect, our guests to have a great time, and most importantly, we want to be able to enjoy our own wedding.
However, planning a wedding, no matter how big or small, can get overwhelming. If you’ve ever planned an event before—be it a birthday, get-together, or a surprise—you probably already know what it takes to get things done. And get things done right.
And so, with the amount of details that go into planning a wedding, the number of choices to choose from, and the fear of dealing with unforeseen circumstances, there's a tendency to feel stressed and confused.
This is where a professional and knowledgeable wedding planner comes useful—someone who can keep it simple, work in your best interest, work towards your vision and help you make the right decisions by giving sound advice.
Now, it’s a common notion that there's no need for a wedding planner in the first place, when you can do it by yourselves or delegate it to family and friends. After all, how hard can it actually get?
Unfortunately, the job of a planner is an intangible service, as a lot of their work is behind the scenes. This is unlike that of a photographer, a florist or a make up artist, where you can touch, feel and see their final product.
So it's hard to 'see' value in hiring one. To which I'll say, think of your wedding as a 7,000 piece jigsaw puzzle, which needs to be assembled in a short span of time, and you have 15,000 pieces with multiple vision boards to choose from. Your planner will then be that person who will help you navigate through your vision, choose the right pieces that go along with it and help you get it all together to become one beautiful masterpiece.
If you feel this will add value and make your life easier, then you may want to reconsider and look into hiring a wedding planner.
meet dee—founder & lead planner
Deepti is a New York based Wedding Planner and has been planning weddings for couples from diverse cultures and faith, across U.S, Dubai and India. She started this in 2011 and absolutely loves what she does—after all these years, she believes there’s a method to a wedding’s madness!
Dee Weddings was found with one purpose: to make your life easier. It started one random day, where Deepti went to meet few friends after work, and saw one of her couple friends break into a massive fight over a disagreement they were having over their upcoming wedding. This troubled her and she offered to help out and few weeks later, her friends mentioned, "deeps, you seem to love doing this and you're good at it, why don't you consider taking it up professionally?"
So, from not knowing what a table runner was or what LED lights were—to planning grand events for luxury brands and royal families of Dubai—and to now over six years of international experience in weddings, it has been an incredible journey. It is extremely rewarding for her to see couples enjoy their own wedding and get wonderful compliments from family and friends.
Deepti is also an LGBTQ ally and strongly supports marriage equality.
Over the years, Deepti has planned over 80 weddings ranging from intimate settings of 20 guests to large-scale, five-day celebrations of 500.
She has worked with award-winning vendors from the wedding industry, and prestigious and beautiful venues, including the Oheka Castle, Harold Pratt House, Ramscale Studios, Botanical gardens, 501 Union, Metropolitan Building and the Nomad Hotel.
Her clients represent all types of industries and profiles, with some of them being judges, council members, doctors, business professionals, children of celebrities, artists, and most importantly, the couple-next-door.
When asked to review, her clients say the two things that stand out the most for them is her exuberance and innate knack for organizing events.
Deepti also understands that with hectic jobs and other commitments, planning can get stressful and sometimes get the better of couples—which is why they appreciate that no matter how big or small a wedding is, she ensures that she is able to 1) avoid run-of-the-mill ideas and help suggest different ways to reflect their vision and taste, 2) recommend and get on board talented, trusted and like-minded vendors from the wedding community and 3) stay positive at all times. After all, vibes rub off on others and the world could do with more happiness!
Deepti assists couples at three stages of planning—Some from start till end (full wedding planning), some midway (partial planning) and some who've planned everything and only need help on the day-of (day-of coordination).
hi! i'm dee
- I wanted to be a crime reporter growing up.
- I have an unexplainable fascination towards lights, chandeliers and eye glasses.
- Favorite place in the world: my grandma's lap.
- Bustling with ideas. Call me at 3am (no don't) and I'll have something ready for you.
- I cannot spell receive without autocorrect. Simply cannot.
- I love (and know) swimming, but am terrified of the deep.
- Favorite Quote: "If people aren't laughing at your goals, your goals are too small"—Azim Premji
- I think owls are adorable.
the rockstar team behind the scenes
hi! i'm amaira
- I'm told I have an infectious laugh. If we work together, you'll see it.
- I can't straighten one of my thumbs.
- I think desserts should be a required food group.
- I love cats! I have five cats in my backyard that go on adventures together everyday. P.S. None of them are mine.
- I've worked for a Senator of the United States before.
- I never learned how to ride a bicycle and I can't swim. And I live on an island.
- I got married in 2016 and planned a massive and detailed wedding in five months. That's how I met Deepti!
- I wanted to join the FBI growing up.
hi! i'm aneesha
- The smell of tea makes me nauseous, hence never tasted it.
- I prefer keeping things asymmetrical.
- I’m rubbish at anything sporty. If you see me run, you should too!
- I would like to go to Iceland anytime soon now.
- My idea of a pet is a goldfish.
- I love to sing but I’m too shy to karaoke.
- I Love cooking but I’m the only one that finds it tasty.
- My first wedding as an intern was a Bollywood wedding for celebrities Ritesh and Genelia, with up to 3000 guests.
hey! i'm nicoline
- I can only eat even numbers of candy at a time.
- I talk to myself pretty much 24/7.
- I was supposed to be a leap year baby but my mom let me cook for an extra 10 hours.
- It's a huge pet peeve of mine to not finish movies and books, even if they're not that good.
- I've been known to (with permission!) sleep at venues when a night's work becomes uncomfortably close to being considered an early start to the next day.
- I swallowed a dime when I was a kid and my panicked mother brought me to the ER. Doc told my mom to let it pass and told me to keep an eye out for a nickel and 5 pennies.
- I get an insatiable urge to travel every 6 months.
- If I had to eat only sushi for the rest of my life I'd be golden.
Full wedding planning
(takes 6-12 months)
This is when you need help in planning almost your entire wedding on your behalf, often from beginning till end.
This includes day-of coordination.
Partial wedding planning
(takes 3-6 months)
This is when you've planned most of your wedding and need help with the rest.
This can include day-of coordination if required.
(takes 4-12 weeks)
This is when you've arranged everything yourselves and require assistance only on the day-of to ensure everything runs smoothly and as planned.
Here we review all details, tie up any loose ends and I will manage your big day on your behalf.
DESTINATION WEDDING planning
(takes 6-12 months)
I plan weddings across USA, India & UAE with my teams that are based locally.
Note: Depending on your requirements, each package can be tweaked. To learn more, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's a quick list of things that we can help you with—Vendors, Contracts, Budget, Decor, Flowers, Wedding Theme & Design, Hair & Make up, Photo & Video, AV & Sound, Live Entertainment, Booking artists, Wedding Cake, Floor plan, Day-of timeline, To-do list, Wedding etiquettes, Wedding rehearsal.
Note: This list is non-exhaustive and will be customized after discussing your requirements.